The holidays are rapidly approaching and you need a cookie recipe for your holiday party. The holiday season doesn’t have to be completely unhealthy (just a little). We have found a fabulous Organic Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, which also happens to be grain free and gluten free. You can get most of these ingredients at stores like Whole Foods or Fresh Market. This recipe is great because now a days people are gluten intolerant or eating Paleo and this recipe satisfies even the pickiest of cookie monsters. Get the whole family together to bake these cookies and enjoy with a large class of almond milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 28 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Semi Sweet chocolate mini chips which are dairy, nut and soy free)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- With a Kitchen Aid or electric mixer blend together butter, coconut oil, organic cane sugar, raw honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Blend until well combined (about 2 minutes). In a separate bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and unrefined sea salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place a rounded spoonful (about 1 inch) onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Information: 143.6 Fat: 11.3g Carbohydrates: 9.4g Protein: 3.4g
Sources: Thanks to Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.