The Mendoza wine region of Argentina makes up nearly two-thirds of the country’s entire wine production; however, quantity does not always equal quality. We searched several wine shops and specialty markets for a superior organic malbec that didn’t give us a headache from all of the additives and sulfites. It took us awhile, but we finally found it this past holiday season at Whole Foods. When it comes to New World malbec production, we have to say that Kaina has it right. The word “Kaina” comes from the indigenous language of Argentina meaning “Earth.”
Here is why we approve of the color, nose and taste:
- Deep, beautiful garnet color.
- Distinct nose of raspberries with a touch of toast.
- Velvety texture and long finish.
- Clear expression of the soil of the Mendoza region.
- Mellow and juicy, perfect for drinking now.
Why we endorse Kaina from an organic perspective:
- It is 100% USDA certified organic.
- Uses the grapes own yeast for fermentation.
- No chemical products are used in the production of the wine… period.
- No tartaric acid used.
- Contains no detectable sulfites.
To inquire about where to purchase Kaina in your area, contact AMG Organic Imports.